January 15, 2013
Synodon Inc. (”Synodon”) [TSXV-SYD] announces the launch of five additional airborne pipeline integrity management services.
In addition to Natural Gas Leak Detection and Liquid Leak Detection, the new services offered are:
• Pipeline Threat Assessments – Analyzing the visual images collected during flight and identifying potential threats to network integrity due to human or natural incursions
• Right-of-Way (RoW) Change Detection – Monitor changes over time for evidence of excavation, flooding, slumping, etc.
• Tree Canopy Encroachment – Identifying vegetation encroachments along a pipeline operators RoW to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Water Crossings Analysis – Profiles, slope analysis, and visual images for pipeline water crossings
• Pipeline Location Classification – Determine class locations based upon pipeline’s proximity to buildings, places of public assembly, and population density.
“We are very pleased to expand Synodon’s offering with these new services that were driven by our customer’s requirements,” stated Adrian Banica, CEO of Synodon. “Pipeline operators have been expressing their desire to simplify their supply chain while looking for additional support in managing their regulatory compliance needs. Our new services complement our existing portfolio to allow customers a ‘one-stop-shop’ in meeting many of their survey requirements while realizing cost savings.”
The new services went through successful customer trials throughout 2012 and are now officially offered to all pipeline operators looking to enhance their existing integrity management and leak detection programs.
Synodon Inc. (www.synodon.com) is a technology company which has developed an advanced airborne remote gas sensing system called realSens™, based on technologies developed under the Canadian Space Program and by Synodon scientists. The company currently provides advanced airborne pipeline integrity management services to the oil and gas sector through a suite of services including natural gas and liquid hydrocarbon leak detection, pipeline threat assessments, and waterway crossings analysis among others.
For more information, please contact:
President & CEO
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.